There are several ways on how to add a content element to your layout:
- Add Element menu;
- Bottom menu;
- Column controls;
- Empty columns;
- Column bottom controls.
If you start building your layout, it is recommended to add row/column element in order to create a structure of your page.
Add Element Menu
The most common way to add an element to your layout is by using the Add Element menu, available via the Navigation bar.
To add an element:
- Open Add Element window;
- Locate the element you want to add;
- Hover the element (to see the preview);
- Click on the element (or drag it to the canvas);
- The element will be added at the very bottom of your layout.
Note: It is not mandatory to add row/column container (unless you want to set a number of columns in advance) as Visual Composer Website Builder will automatically wrap newly added content element into row/column.
At the very bottom of your layout, you will see a bottom menu that allows you to quickly add most popular row/column layouts (from 1 to 5 equal columns), set custom row/column layout, text block or open Add Element window.
To add a content element to columns via column control:
- Hover the column control (where you want to add an element);
- Select Add Element option from the drop-down menu;
- Select an element from the Add Element window.
If your column is empty and does not contain any content elements, you will see Add Element icon as a placeholder inside your empty column. To add an element to the empty column, click on the add element icon inside the column and select the element from the Add Element window.
Element bottom controls
To insert content element in-between other content elements, use the bottom control that will show up on element hover.
To add an element after a particular element:
- Hover the element after which you want to insert your new element;
- Click on the Add Element icon (plus) to open the Add Element window;
- Select the element of your choice.