There are several ways on how to add a content element to your layout:
- Add Content window;
- Bottom menu;
- Empty columns;
- Column bottom controls.
If you start building your layout, it is recommended to add a row/column element in order to create a structure for your page.
Add Content Window
The most common way to add an element to your layout is by using the Add Content window, available via the Navigation bar by clicking on the plus icon.
To add an element:
- Click on the plus icon in the Visual composer Navigation Bar to open the Add Content window;
- Find the element you want to add under the Element tab;
- Hover the element (to see the preview);
- Click on the element (or drag it to the canvas);
- The element will be added to your layout.
Note: It is not mandatory to add a row/column container (unless you want to set a number of columns in advance) as Visual Composer Website Builder will automatically wrap newly added content elements into row/column.
At the very bottom of your layout, you will see a bottom menu that allows you to quickly add the most popular row/column layouts (from 1 to 5 equal columns), set custom row/column layout, text block, or open Add Content window.
To add a content element to columns via column control:
- Hover the column control (where you want to add an element);
- Select an element you want to add from the Add Content window;
- Drag the element to the desired place.
If your column is empty and does not contain any content elements, you will see the plus (Add Content) icon as a placeholder inside your empty column. To add an element to the empty column, click on the add content icon inside the column and select the element from the Add Content window.
Element bottom controls
To insert content elements in-between other content elements, use the bottom control that will show up on element hover.
To add an element after a particular element:
- Hover the element after which you want to insert your new element;
- Click on the Add Content icon (plus) to open the Element tab;
- Select the element of your choice.