Visual Composer Website Builder is a true WYSIWYG editor (Frontend editor). This means that there are no placeholders to represent blocks of the page. Instead, you instantly see any results you make and ensure that your site is ready for publishing without exiting the editor.
Visual Composer editor interface consists of several parts:
- Frontend editor (with drag and drop functionality and element controls);
- Navigation panel;
- Tree view;
- Element edit window;
- and more.
How to Start?
Just like in WordPress, Visual Composer allows you to create new or edit existing pages.
Right after plugin installation and activation in your WordPress dashboard, you can start working with Visual Composer and create a new page.
You can also navigate to your pages, posts, or custom post types to create a new page or edit existing:
- In your WordPress admin dashboard navigate to pages, post, or custom post type section in your left menu;
- Click 'Add new with Visual Composer';
- WordPress will instantly open the Visual Composer Frontend editor.
Note: Make sure to allow Visual Composer Website Builder to work with posts and custom post types under Visual Composer Settings in your WordPress admin dashboard.
How to edit the page?
Visual Composer Website Builder works with your existing content. On the first edit, your existing content will be automatically wrapped into the text block.
To work with an existing page:
- Navigate to pages, posts, or custom post type section in your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Click Edit with Visual Composer to edit content with the Visual Composer Website Builder Frontend editor.
You can also select 'Edit' for pages, posts, and custom post type and use Visual Composer button to open the content in Visual Composer Frontend editor.